Friday 1 February 2019


Sometimes a song isn't what you think it is. When I first heard this track I thought it was Freddie Mercury singing about himself, in the wake of his Aids diagnosis. Turns out it's a Brian May composition for the 1986 film 'The Highlander'. 
It also features in the new movie 'Bohemian Rhapsody', that supposedly covers the period up to the 1985 'Live Aid' performance. How this song released a year later is included I can't tell, as I've yet to see the film, but I have read about other timeline liberties taken by the movie.
Never mind all that, it's a great track and performance and as one person has posted on YouTube: 'He still lives forever' > be upstanding for Queen

Along similar lines - this Sunday marks the 60th anniversary of the plane crash that took the lives of Ritchie Valens, J. P. "The Big Bopper" Richardson and of course a 22 year old Buddy Holly.
Thankfully the music DIDN'T die on this day, but lived on, forever !

No comments:

Post a Comment