Wednesday 14 February 2024

  

An alternative (and occasional) music posting highlighting something out of the ordinary. Perhaps of limited appeal, unconventional, experimental or just far-out ! Call it what you like (or switch it off, if you don't like). 

Something for Valentine's Day - an excuse to feature this: 
I've long been fascinated by tracks that sample bits of other songs. Every time I heard this record I thought it was sampling 'The Days of Pearly Spencer' a 1967 song by David McWilliams. It turns out I am complete wrong because it is in fact a 1932 song called ‘My Woman’ by Al Bowlly with Lew Stone and His Monseigneur Band
"Love Again" by English-Albanian singer Dua Lipa from her second studio album 'Future Nostalgia'. The song was written by Lipa alongside Clarence Coffee Jr., Chelcee Grimes and its producer Koz, with Bing Crosby, Max Wartell and Irving Wallman also credited as the writers of 'My Woman'. 
Dua Lipa ‘Love Again’ was released March 2021 >


FYI: The original 'My Woman' song. Link here

No comments:

Post a Comment