Friday 1 November 2019


A short smug story …
The other week at our local pub quiz, as normal, there was a music round.
The link for all the 10 songs in this round was that the song's title doesn't appear in the song's lyrics. One point
awarded for the artist and one for the song title. 
The first three tracks played our team recognised, though we got the name of the Led Zeppelin track wrong. The next two were a complete mystery, even when they read the answers out later. The remaining 5 songs played included a song I recognised as being Blink 182. 'One of the kid's songs' I said when all our team looked at me in surprise. And then out of nowhere came the title 'Adam's Song'. At the time I thought 'where did that come from…'   –  but it felt right. And it was ! 2 more points for our team. 
 It came from me selecting tracks I liked, off my kids playlists, that I then compiled on to various CDs, I called 'Bill's Kids'. And on BK3 there are, amongst Green Day, Sum 41, Foo Fighters & Creed, to name just four, three tracks by Blink 182 and right there is 'Adam's Song'.
Thank goodness for our subconscious….


> An unusually dark song off the album 'Enema of the State' considered one of the Greatest Pop Punk Albums Ever, check out the amusing and iconic record cover. 


No comments:

Post a Comment