Monday 11 July 2016

Sports Desk - Brits weekend.

A great weekend for the British, made for a very welcome change.
Lewis Hamilton winning the British Grand Prix - Chris Froome takes over the yellow jersey at the Tour de France - & Andy Murray wins Wimbledon. A hat-trick of smiles from me, great stuff!


While on Sunday evening the European Championships in France concluded with a dramatic victory for Portugal in extra-time. In a rather dull final, against the hosts, most of the drama came in the shape of Cristiano Ronaldo. Injured in the 7th minute he twice tried to continue before being sub'd. Ultimately appearing, animated and agitated on the touch-line after Portugal had taken the lead with 11 minutes remaining, to encourage his team mates to an unexpected first triumph in this competition. Congratulations Portugal, I don't know how you did it ?

And finally 
I'll leave you with my pick of a TEAM of players I'd not heard of before Euro 2016: I've gone for an Italian inspired 3-5-2 formation, here's - My Team of Unknowns




No comments:

Post a Comment