
Jim Croce recorded his final album in the Summer of 1973.
The title track 'I Got a Name' released as a single on the day after he sadly died in a plane crash in September of that year. The album was released posthumously in December.
The final song on the album is ‘The Hard Way Every Time', so it's likely this was the last recording he made, though he clearly wouldn't have known it. As he sings "Wouldn'ta done it any other way", it's quite a moving parting statement that's hard to beat. All the lyrics are in today's video.
The story is I recently bought this album for a £5, roughly double what it would have cost when it first came out. I confess I didn't really know of Jim Croce until American friends spoke of him so highly in 1978. So this is for all of them. Wherever they are...
No comments:
Post a Comment