Friday 13 October 2023

  

Keith Emerson: keyboards; David O'List: guitar & trumpet; Lee Jackson: bass; & Brian Davison: drums:- The Nice. 'Emerlist Davjack' (a portmanteau created by combining the last names of the four members of the group). Their debut album was released in March 1968 and called 'The Thoughts of Emerlist Davjack'.
The title track which had been released as a single in November 1967 is one of those songs not to have the title in the lyrics. I recently discovered this YouTube video from French TV, which is fairly extraordinary vintage material. Original drummer Ian Hague is involved for starters, who I had to look up as I'd never seen him before.   
I don't know where all this black & white stuff has come from but there's loads of 'live' Nice footage from this period on YouTube, simply search The Nice


That's David O'List in the video window. Which is how his name is spelt on my LP sleeve, though Dave and Davey are noted in other areas along with plenty of different stories involving him and his recollections. For another time I think >>> 

No comments:

Post a Comment