Tuesday 29 August 2023

An occasional music spot - remembering places around the World



This week 45 years ago I was driving around Los Angeles. Following a 3-man four week cross-country American Road Trip, destination California and with some new found (and now life-long) friends already back home in New York and others still in San Francisco. I took time out to visit the City of Angels, staying with family of the boss my mother worked for in Wimbledon. With a car at my disposal I was Freeway Flying on Santa Monica boulevard, Sunset blvd, Mulholland Drive, San Bernadino Freeway and Hollywood Fwy. Lots of places I remember all connected by the automobile.  
FM radio playing there was one classic rock track that kept blasting over the airwaves. 
In 2003, as a 25th Anniversary of 'On The Road in 78', I produced a CD (see cover above). 16 road music songs from that summer. 
Because it was more of a personal experience this classic rock track from LA didn't make the final CD cut, despite me sneaking Bruce Springsteen and Boston on at the end.
Recently this same rock track came on while I was driving and immediately I'm back on the Freeway, flying as UFO's 'Only You Can Rock Me' rocked me !

No comments:

Post a Comment