Sunday 5 March 2023

 

An occasional music spot - remembering places around the World


Recently I found myself in front of the TV on a Sunday teatime and on came 'Ski Sunday'. To say this took me back would be an under statement. 
My first ski holiday in Flaine immediately came to mind as did those regular Ski Sunday downhill races that bought the names of Val de Isere, Wengen and Kitzbuhel into our living rooms and then there's the memory of that fantastic run by Konrad Bartelski in Val Gardena 1981, which started it all off for us Brits: (cue David Vine click here
Not just Flaine came to mind but also this well known French resort that we skied without ever actually staying there. Which allows me the excuse to post this outrageous Red Bull video called 'From Avoriaz 1800 With Love' with Valentin Delluc  

Wild ride - are you humming the Ski Sunday music yet ? you will be by Friday's part 2 > my 'double bill' 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment