Friday 10 February 2023

   

A month ago I received a Fairport Convention email-out with news about this year's Cropredy Festival. Running down the list of artists booked there were quite a few names new to me. So based on the brief descriptions provided and a strong sense that if the Fairports like them there's a good chance I might too, I 'googled' some names that sounded interesting:
> Striking harmonies, energetic rhythms, catchy songs and a fiercely formidable live act – Morganway have made quite the impression on the UK’s rising Americana scene. Reminiscent of Fleetwood Mac, they have been described as “One of the best and most exciting prospects to emerge in a long time”.
That's how I got to find Morganway a six-piece from Norfolk, founded by twin brothers Callum and Kieran MorganAnd I've been listening to their music a lot ever since. Today's Star Track is the title song from a new album (out in May) called 'Back to Zero' >


There's plenty of videos on the groups website and YouTube.
From their 'Live at Epic Studios' CD there's 'Hurricane' > click link 
And I recommend a listen to these tracks 'I Want No Other love'; 'Let Me Go' [very Fleetwood]; 'The First Day'; 'The Sweetest Goodbye' & 'London Life' 😀 

No comments:

Post a Comment