Friday 28 October 2022

  

This coming Tuesday is the Mexican Day of the Dead - "Dia de los muertos".
In some way this has been, for me, the 'Year of the DEAD' - as in the Grateful Dead. Back in January I discovered a lot of music from the Jerry Garcia Band [see January 21st blog], and since then more great music has come to light. 
Starting with 'If I Had the World to Give' from the band's tenth album 'Shakedown Street' released in 1978 - it's very Beatles-ish I think you'll agree. 
So now I consider myself a 'Deadhead' - which is what all fans (and there are many famous people who are - Matt Groening of Simpsons fame for one) call themselves >


Coming this Tuesday - please log on for more Grateful Dead from the 'Europe 72' album. There's a real psychedelic video from YouTube to also blow your mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment