Friday 13 May 2022

  

At the end of my 'Rickenbacker Special' a month ago I suggested that was it "...for the time being, anyway". Naturally I had others up my sleeve and having mentioned The Hollies in my introduction >>>
I was recently "riding along in my automobile, my baby beside me at the wheel" when I thought I saw a poster advertising none other than The Hollies on Tour. Sure enough at the end of this month the band are embarking on a 60th Anniversary Tour. And the current line-up contains two original members: drummer Bobby Elliot and guitarist Tony Hicks.
I came across an interesting fact in relation to the band's sound and Tony Hicks playing a British made 12-string that sounded like a Rickenbacker: (see ad below).
Today's video has him playing the Vox Phantom in a performance from 1965 at the London Palladium - complete with that revolving stage. The Hollies 'Look Through Any Window' >

 
+ More pure nostalgia in this clip > www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6ObNLnXs5I 
See a 23 year old Graham Nash providing some background to the recording of 'Look Through Any Window' followed by an acoustic run through of the song plus some 'dodgy dancing' ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment