Friday 8 April 2022

   

This effectively draws my short 'Rickenbacker Special' to a close (for the time being, anyway). 
I came across this track while researching the piece and yet something about it felt like I wasn't hearing it for the first time (more on that below).
It's from the late 90s and is by a short lived band called Ultrasound (who have since reformed, as they do). Anyway this track 'Floodlit World' was released in various formats. There's a live video that clearly shows Richard Green [on lead 'Rick' guitar] in the opening 10 seconds. But the video is very fuzzy as is the sound (but worth a look at ). 
So I have gone for the longer FP [fortepiano] version, with better sound and a nice 1:20 introduction, before the guitars come crashing in... 
"Sometimes with guitars we can reach you" is a line from the song written by singer Andrew 'Tiny' Wood. While the chorus sings "Sometimes when it rains there's a rainbow" >
I initially saw this as a Midweek Spotlight but I like this kind of 'euphoric cacophony' so much, that I promoted it to Star Track status. 

I knew in the back of my mind I had heard of Ultrasound before. Sure enough I dug out an old giveaway Cassette from the late 90s that contained this very song, final track side two. [See pic here].  

No comments:

Post a Comment