Friday 23 July 2021

 

This week I have mostly been cycling !
But what music was in my head ? ...on our route along the Kennet & Avon canal from Bristol to Reading (and onto Hurley).
I did some research on Beats Per Minute & Heart Rate and toyed with the idea of finding a nice steady beat (a cadence) to pedal along to. Nothing to energetic. This resulted in various speeds [108-115 bpms] and many tracks on playlists and 'Happy Cycling Mixes', with some great pieces to consider. Then I came upon this video about actually cycling along the Kennet and Avon that ends with this track which seemed ideal. 'Somewhere Nicer' too.
So this is British indie-pop group Obi singing 'Somewhere Nicer' > 


The video of the actual cycle I found is here for those interested. Pedal here 👉
Not exactly our route, but mostly the same.

1 comment: