Friday 21 February 2020


The recent 2020 Grammy Awards provided a list mostly of artists unknown to me and I did wondering what all the fuss was about. However the category winner of 'Best Rock Performance' by Gary Clark Jr. caught my eye. And certainly my ear when I listened to him. 
First off I watched a video shot at the Surf Lodge, Montauk on Long Island, where I know I've been. Then I found this take from Glastonbury in 2016, that has far better sound and a performance of the same song 'When My Train Pulls In', that even the band seem to be into more. And the crowd serenade 'Ride around Gary, ride Gary ride' (the Wilson Pickett original was 'Sally', of course).
Touches of Hendrix in this track, all you wanna do is ride around, Gary Clark Jr.


FYI: The Surf Lodge video, just as a comparison > www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_fYOOEhj-s


No comments:

Post a Comment