Friday 26 October 2018


Earlier this year I picked up a 'Classic Rock' magazine with a free CD titled 'Rockin' the Blues'. I didn't really listen to it for months... then I did and discovered Quinn Sullivan.
Not exactly a best kept secret - Quinn Sullivan won't be 20 years old until next March - he appeared on the 'Ellen Show' at age 6, two years later he played on stage with Buddy Guy and various impressive performances have followed. Here he is from this year 'Live' from Daryl's House performing his version of Eric Clapton's 'Let It Rain'.

Impressed ? Then check out 'Midnight Highway' and 'Buffalo Nickel'.


>>> 'Rockin' the Blues' and this week's STAR TRACK provides an introduction to something I'm going to try. Taking place over this weekend at London's O2 is the 2018 Blues Fest. I'm all for cross over... but looking at the line up it doesn't seem terribly Bluesy to me.
So, as I've been accumulating some great blues/rock tracks for a while now, courtesy of the afore mentioned CD and various Joe Bonamassa email-outs, I've decided to have my own Blues Week. 
Starting this coming Monday check out a 'track-a-day' all week - or if you prefer binge at the end of the week, on the whole show.

No comments:

Post a Comment