Friday 21 July 2017


Welcome to another instalment in the ongoing series entitled "How did I get to this?"
It starts with me seeing a newspaper ad for Joe Bonamassa and a FREE album download at www.jbonamassa.com  > I checked it out and a 12 track selection of his music, spanning some 15 years came my way for free. (Still available as of today).
One of the tracks called 'One of These Days' was credited to Joe Bonamassa and Alvin Lee! It's his 2007 take of the Ten Years After song, written by Alvin Lee, that opens their 1971 LP 'A Space in Time' - which I have. And which I probably haven't played in over 40 years !
It has turned out to be one of life's little RE-discoveries. It's Ten Years After's 6th studio album and less 'heavy' than previous releases with acoustic and psychedelic elements mixing it with their blues rock. Among the many great tracks is "I'd Love To Change The World". Early 70s sentiment that still remains relevant today & sounds like Led Zeppelin meets Lynyrd Skynyrd… 


Having started with 'One of These Days' here's the link to a TYA nine-minute 'live' version from 1975 > complete with harmonica and organ solos and a mic-stand guitar solo ! > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSgr0bip7xg
And the 2007 Joe Bonamassa cover version > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juKqZivVNRs

No comments:

Post a Comment