Friday 9 June 2017


This week and next week's 'Star Tracks' are loosely linked by the radio.
It's now summertime (supposedly) and I'm driving the car listening to the radio and hearing tracks I like but not hearing who or what they are. Not having a digital radio in the car that tells you the song that's playing means I often don't know what I'm listening too and the DJ invariably doesn't make an announcement as the song ends. (And Shazaming on your phone whilst driving isn't an option I'm likely to chance).
Last Sunday a track came on and I thought I recognised the band - Snow Patrol ? - but didn't know the song title. So the next day I searched for it on YouTube ….
In September of last year BBC4 had a weekend's television hosted by Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones > http://billblogs2.blogspot.co.uk/2016/09/last-weekend-was-lost-weekend.html  Of the many items screened that caught my eye one was a video of a high speed ride through the near deserted streets of Paris, dodging dust cart, pigeons and people. At the time I searched for this without any luck and then the other day I found this: 

… and while searching for that Snow Patrol track I'd heard I came across that Paris video accompanying their song 'Open Your Eyes'. Strap yourself in and enjoy the trip… but kept you eyes 'open'.


More on the radio next week >

No comments:

Post a Comment