Monday 6 June 2016

Another Legend

Many tributes have flooded in over the weekend for Muhammad Ali, who died last Friday. Never short of a word or two Ali wrote his own "How I would like to be remembered" 
"I would like to be remembered: as a man who won the heavyweight title three times, who was humorous and who treated everyone right. As a man who never looked down on those who looked up to him and who helped as many of his people as he could. As a man who stood up for his beliefs no matter what. As a man who tried to unite all humankind through faith and love. And if all that’s asking too much, then I guess I’d settle for being remembered only as a great boxer who became a leader and a champion of his people. And I wouldn’t even mind if folks forgot how pretty I was."
I'd like to recall the 1977 movie "The Greatest" and the title song performed by George Benson, written by Michael Masser with lyrics by Linda Creed. And the line that has always stuck with me "I decided long ago, never to walk in anyone's shadow".
This video clip starts, respectfully, very quietly before the piano begins.  R.I.P. champ !



No comments:

Post a Comment