Tuesday 10 May 2016


Three months ago I posted a similar blog about Old Vinyl Records (see VV1). Back then I said "this is the tip of the iceberg and while it could be the majority of your collection is of little value, it's certainly worth checking".

I've recently been back to the 'Sister Ray' record shop and spied the following 'Top of the Pounds' LPs up for sale at more than attractive prices.

No.4
'Tommy' by The Who.
£150.

The sticker reads 'Original UK 2 x LP - Laminated Sleeve.'

My copy has the laminated sleeve and I know friends who bought this album at the same time as me. The level of wear and tear may of course effect this valuation.



No.3
'In the Court of the Crimson King' by King Crimson.
£350.

The sticker reads 'Original Island Pink Label.'

Got it !  Same comment applies I know friends who bought this album at the same time as me.
Add that to the cash collection


No.2
'A Saucerful of Secrets' by Pink Floyd.
£450.

Says 'Original UK Mono Columbia - Black & Blue.'

Obviously a very early 1968 release if in Mono and not Stereo. So fairly obscure.


No.1
'Dark Side of the Moon' by Pink Floyd.
£500.

'Solid Blue Triangle + inserts.' This refers to the record label and the 3 paper inserts that came with the album.

We're talking serious Money here, it's a gas !






Take a look and see what you have – totting up my stash comes to a cool £1000. Rock-On Tommy!
Clearly a dealer or shop is making a good profit but it's useful to know (and tell people) the real value of some of these records.

No comments:

Post a Comment