Friday 1 January 2021


I
was looking for a track that might in some small way reflect 2020 while offering hope for the New Year ahead. A few songs came to mind and then this track with it's lyrics seemed to strike it right.
An idea to celebrate some of our Unsung Heroes has been in my head for some time and this gives me the chance to start the ball rolling with Guitar Hero: Steve Lukather.
You may not know the name though I'll wager you know his music. A founding member of the American band Toto, one of the Top 10 session guitarists of all time, Steve Lukather has recorded (according to Wikipedia) guitar tracks for more than 1,500 albums representing a broad array of artists and genres. Listen to his contribution on Lionel Richie's 'Running in the Night', for starters: (click link)  
Today's Star Track is better known for the original version on The Beatles 'White Album' and for Eric Clapton playing the guitar. But I hope you'll agree this cover by Steve Lukather and Toto is every bit as good. With a nice intro dedication to 'brother George' -
With every mistake we must surely be learning
Still my guitar gently weeps

No comments:

Post a Comment