Friday 20 November 2020

Let me take you back to a time when Corona was just a beer and 'social distancing' was a phrase from the future. You may recall after posting a spot (in January) referring to Alan Freeman's Saturday Rock Show that I promised we would return to this topic in the coming weeks. 
That later date never happened for reasons we all know about, however better late than never I make good on that promise today.
Triggered mainly by my purchasing a copy of 'Prog' magazine last month and discovering a number of new bands via their giveaway CD. More on this soon*. First off I'm heading back to that 1978 recording of the
 'Saturday Rock Show' that I listened to, where I heard a band from the 70s I'd no memory of at all. Lone Star were a band from Wales, formed in 1975, released two albums and then split in 1978 - the track played by 'Fluff' on that Final programme was a Tony Wilson creation (live recording). The band sounding very Led Zep like on today's belated Star Track: 'A Million Stars' by Lone Star. Intro by Alan Freeman himself >

This is a sound only video. Here's a mind blowing itunes visualizer version: www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRrR_4X5mt0 
If you like this then check out 'Spaceships' and a rare live video from 1977 'Bells of Berlin'

Final link (if you're mad for it) is that Final Rock Show

* My Prog mood continues, midweek - with more on this giveaway CD. 

No comments:

Post a Comment