Friday 23 October 2020


I only heard this song a few weeks ago and while the 'riff' is going to remind you of a lot of other tracks, it was something else that triggered in my brain that said 'I recognise this' ?
Sure enough the artist Kurt Vile was on the very same 'Ragged Glory' CD I wrote about last week. I knew it !
His laidback hippy vibe is very Neil Young (though less obvious on this catchy track), while on other occasions he sounds more Lou Reed or even Tom Petty.
Anyway this is the best riff I've heard in ages and by far his most popular video viewed on YouTube. "Pretty Pimpin'" was released in 2015 as a single and made No.1 on the Billboard Adult Alternative Songs chart >

A different 'live' take from WFUV > www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkSr8uR-jxg 

With any new discovery I would urge you to explore further:
A bit Neil Young: 'One Trick Ponies' > www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7OmWKy6_8E 
Vocally a bit Lou Reedy: 'Wakin' on a Pretty Day' > www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2qA4wkjOhM  - This is a 9 minute track 
Then there's 'Never Run Away' > www.youtube.com/watch?v=yq5sb6_W4LU  
And 'live' from Glastonbury in 2019 we have 'Loading Zones' (and the moment Kurt straps on his Les Paul guitar you know it's happening) > www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbCRzPiDsMY  
Hope all these links work 😇


No comments:

Post a Comment