
Somehow we haven't had one of these in awhile. That is my regular feature of an artist or band I've only recently discovered.
From Toronto, Canada we have Elephants and Stars. Formed in 2020 their bio tells us :
"Elephants and Stars are real. Much like both real elephants and the stars above us, they are mature. They spend their time in rehearsals and in the studio crafting rock songs with hooks and lyrics with a bite that might take more than one listen to fully appreciate."My take is they've master the art of the 3 minute rock song. And if the initial hook doesn’t get you by the time of the chorus it will have you !
Their line-up is: Manfred Sittmann - vocals, guitar; Adam Seed - lead guitar; Michael MacMillan - bass; Stewart McKinney - drums, with keyboards by: Simon Head.
I've picked ‘Strangers on a Train’ as my Star Track, because the 'fish-eye' video is so good. But I could have chosen anything by them, there's loads of great tracks, to many to list (and plenty of videos too). I can highly recommend the 'Dreamland' (EP) and the 'Under the Earth and Above Heaven' album, for starters, having bought both of these.
Bandcamp is the place to go to buy their music - download prices are in Canadian dollars [$1.88 to the pound] so they are really good value. Link is here.
Let's Rock & Support Canada
No comments:
Post a Comment