Friday 27 August 2021

  

Another 'old' film that came on TV recently was 'Almost Famous' from 2000. I can only conclude that I'd not seen it since it's release because I couldn't remember most of it. While the soundtrack from the early 70s was extraordinary and far more familiar.
Except for this track which the film's writer and director Cameron Crowe has said is his favourite song by The Beach Boys.
'Feel Flows' features twice during the movie and is from the album released in 1971* called 'Surf's Up' - if you'd asked me I'd have thought they'd already used that title during the 60s.
Beautifully psychedelic track from the Very Famous - Beach Boys 


There's a brand new Box Set (out today) called 'Feel Flows: The Sunflower & Surf's Up Sessions'. It includes remastered editions of those two albums alongside unreleased tracks.
 
* This leads to a future Friday Music Spot - coming soon 

No comments:

Post a Comment