Friday 7 May 2021


I feel some more 90s indie music coming on: Buffalo Tom - "best band nobody knows but the chosen few" - (? according to many YouTubers)
Back in the early 90s GLR (
the BBC station Greater London Radio) had a Sunday afternoon rock programme with DJ Gary Crowley that was always unearthing new talent. He was the first British DJ to champion new rock acts like Oasis, Blur, Manic Street Preachers and Teenage Fanclub. While from America he introduced me to Pearl Jam and the above mentioned band Buffalo Tom from Boston.
I recall getting their 1993 album 'Big Red Letter Day' from the local library and making a cassette copy. 'Sodajerk' and 'I'm Allowed' open that record in fine form. This track however is off their previous LP and one of their best known songs, the angst that is 'Taillights Fade' >

NB: Now amended, after I discovered we'd had this track with the exact same video back in 2017. So I've changed the video to this 'live' version from singer Bill Janovitz with Pearl Jam in 2018. Still great !


No comments:

Post a Comment