Friday 2 April 2021


Around a year ago, as we all got use to the 'Dawn of Lockdown', the news arrived that Bill Withers had just died. I was reminded of this when I saw this video [click here to view] - so let me introduce to you today's Star Track artist: Helen Ibe
Credit should again go to one Rick Beato for this discovery who's YouTube post on female artists brought her to my attention. Helen Ibe is from Nigeria, has her own YouTube Channel and plays guitar in many different styles with such feeling, every note is full of expression - I'm sure her playing is guaranteed to raise a smile !
Quite a lot of videos to enjoy (apart from the intro above). I've selected this as today's track, a double take on 'I'd Rather Go Blind' & 'Tennessee Whiskey' - by Helen Ibe


Her YouTube Channel: [click on this link] 
I highly recommend these: 'Home Alone Blues' (Guitar Jam) and 'Electric Gypsy' (cover)
- you will note the videos are mostly filmed in her home - and as you watch you'll notice she likes to regularly change her cushions ! 😄 

No comments:

Post a Comment