Friday 1 June 2018


How did I get to this week's "Pick of the Spots" ? If you will pardon the expression.
From watching the movie 'Captain Fantastic' is the quick answer. However if you're unfamiliar with this very interesting film and the assortment of music used in the soundtrack then I should add that this track caught my attention whilst watching and resulted in further investigation. I then proceeded to spend the next two hours listening to this band > Israel Nash.
The track from the film 'Rain Plans' is from the album of the same name released in 2013. 
Neil Young similarities for sure, but as the song builds the guitar solo kicks and then it flows away reminding me of 'Shine On You Crazy Diamond', so Pink Floyd like too.
Mojo magazine praised their 2015 album 'Silver Season' as "cosmic poetry, crunching guitars and swooning pedal steel" !
This is one the most amazing STAR TRACKS we've had in a while, I hope you like it as much as I do.



Obviously there's loads more to see:- 
"Rain Plans" album: Check out any of the other 8 tracks, for seconds 'Just Like Water' > www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E4SCHMyVwA
"Silver Season" album, more cosmic Americana: 'Strangers' >  www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzUiFssMWjU
'LA Lately' > if you go down to the woods:  www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN2Io9CfyW0


No comments:

Post a Comment